On the PC you want to share from, open Microsoft Edge, and then go to the webpage you want to share. In Microsoft Edge, select Settings and more > Share, and then select the name of the device you want to share with.
What is on device sharing?
Enabling the On-device sharing option allows Google apps to access the app data on the device, in order to improve your Android experience, such as receiving more accurate recommendations and suggestions while using the apps.
Go to Settings Connected Devices Connection Preferences Turn on Nearby Share.
- On your Android device, open Files by Google .
- At the bottom right, tap Share .
- Tap Send .
- Select the files or apps you want to share. …
- At the bottom, tap Send . …
- Select the person you want to share files with.
How to use Nearby Share on your Android phone
- Tap the share icon on something you want to share (it looks like three circles with lines connecting them).
- Swipe up on the Android share menu.
- Tap the Nearby Share icon.
- Tap Turn on to enable Nearby Share.
- Nearby Share will look for a contact to share your link with.
How do I turn on device sharing?
Turn sharing on or off
- On your phone, make sure Bluetooth and Location are turned on. Learn how to turn on Bluetooth. Learn how to turn on location.
- Open your Settings app.
- Tap Google Devices & sharing. Nearby Share.
- Turn Use nearby share on or off.
Review devices where you’re signed in
Go to your Google Account. On the left navigation panel, select Security . On the Your devices panel, select Manage devices. You’ll see devices where you’re currently signed in to your Google Account.
As a refresher, on Android phones, the “share” button looks like a “less-than” sign, with a circle at each point, whereas on iPhones, it’s an arrow pointing out of a rectangle. But no matter which platform you’re using, the purpose of the button is the same—to share whatever you’re looking at with other people.
Share in a conversation
- On your mobile device, open the Google Photos app .
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Select a photo, album or video.
- Tap Share .
- Under ‘Send in Google Photos’, select people to share with. To share with one person, tap their name. …
- To share, tap Send.
To use Nearby Share, select the files you want to send, swipe up from the bottom of your screen and tap the Nearby Share icon. From there, you can choose to send files to someone with an Android device and is, at the same time, proximate to your current spot.
How do I turn on nearby sharing on my iPhone?
Go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Home Sharing. Select Turn on Home Sharing. Sign in with your Apple ID. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.
While Nearby Share works offline, it might use mobile data to transfer files between devices in some cases. Nearby Share is not available for iOS or Linux. In such cases, you can use Snapdrop to transfer files between Linux, Android, and iOS. Nearby Share is available on almost all Android 6.0 or newer devices.
How do I sync two devices?
Go to the phone settings and switch on its Bluetooth feature from here. Pair the two cell phones. Take one of the phones, and using its Bluetooth application, look for the second phone you have. After turning on the Bluetooth of the two phones, it should automatically display the other on the “Nearby Devices” list.