Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot. For Share my Internet connection from, choose the Internet connection you want to share. Select Edit > enter a new network name and password > Save. Turn on Share my Internet connection with other devices.
How do I turn on Wi-Fi sharing on Android?
Navigate to Settings > Network & internet > Hotspot & tethering. Here, you can select to share a connection via Wi-Fi, USB, or Bluetooth. For a Wi-Fi connection, tap Wi-Fi hotspot and toggle it on. The hotspot name will be displayed on this screen.
How do I turn on Wi-Fi sharing?
Swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap Hotspot . If you don’t find Hotspot , at the bottom left, tap Edit and drag Hotspot into your Quick Settings.
Turn on your hotspot
- On the other device, open that device’s list of Wi-Fi options.
- Pick your phone’s hotspot name.
- Enter your phone’s hotspot password.
- Click Connect.
What is Wi-Fi sharing on my phone?
Wi-Fi Tethering is a feature in Samsung Android Smartphones that allows you to share the Internet Connection in your device with other Devices. This feature when turned On makes your phone as an acting Router and it becomes capable of giving rights to other devices which are paired with the router.
How do I turn on Wi-Fi sharing on my Samsung?
How to Use Wi-Fi Sharing on Galaxy S20 (One UI 2.0, Android 10)
- Go to Mobile Hotspot settings (long tap on the corresponding quick toggle or navigate to Settings > Connections > Mobile Hotspot and Tethering and tap on the Mobile hotspot):
- Turn the hotspot on.
How do I unlock Tethering?
Simply reboot your device for good measures and head over to the Settings app. Under the “More” tab, you will be able to see “Tethering & portable hotspot-> Portable Wi-Fi hotspot” on your screen. Simply enable the toggle switch and enjoy Wi-Fi tethering, regardless of your carrier and usage plan.
In Android 10, here’s how to share your Wi-Fi credentials via a QR code.
- Head to Settings, then Network & internet, then your Wi-Fi network’s name and tap the gear to the right of your network. …
- In the Network details window, tap the blue Share button on the right.
Activate Bluetooth on your phone, then turn to your tablet and access ‘Settings > Wireless and networks > Bluetooth’. Then go into ‘Bluetooth Settings’ and pair the tablet with your phone. Once this is done tap the spanner icon next to the name of the phone and press ‘Tethering’.
How to share your Wi-Fi password
- Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
What’s the difference between hotspot and Wi-Fi sharing?
The main difference between a mobile or Wi-Fi hotspot and Wi-Fi sharing is the data used. Whereas the mobile hotspot uses your phone’s data, Wi-Fi sharing makes use of your mobile’s Wi-Fi connection. Not only can you keep using the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to, but now your other devices can as well!
Select Internet Settings. Let the Switch search for networks. Select your hotspot from the Networks Found list. Enter your hotspot’s password and select OK.
How do I turn on Wi-Fi and hotspot at the same time?
For Android devices that have the ability to use WiFi and enable hotspot simultaneously, here is the procedure:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Network & Internet>Hotspot & Tethering>WiFi hotspot.
- Set your hotspot name and password.
- Once done, you can turn on the switch for the WiFi hotspot.
Why isn’t my hotspot working on my Samsung?
If you are having trouble with the Mobile Hotspot feature on your phone, it could be a problem with your mobile carrier or mobile data connection. You can also try to fix the issue by rebooting your phone, performing a software update, or doing a factory reset.
How do I turn on Wi-Fi sharing on my Galaxy s20?
Turn on / off
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings > Connections > Mobile Hotspot and Tethering > Mobile HotSpot.
- Tap the Mobile HotSpot slider to turn on or off.
How do I turn on Wi-Fi sharing on s20?
When the connection is established, you can access the internet from the other device.
- Find “Configure Mobile Hotspot” Slide two fingers downwards starting from the top of the screen. …
- Select Wi-Fi hotspot settings. …
- Turn on Wi-Fi hotspot. …
- Return to the home screen. …
- Establish connection to Wi-Fi hotspot from another device.