Is WPL a good buy now?
From a list of analysts provided by Bloomberg Intelligence, 73% have Woodside as a buy right now, whereas the remainder have it as a hold or sell.
Is Woodside Petroleum a good stock to buy?
The Woodside Petroleum Limited (ASX: WPL) share price is currently rated as a buy by one of the leading brokers. That broker is UBS. The price target on Woodside is $25.50. … Using the current estimates, UBS puts the Woodside share price at 16x FY21’s estimated earnings with a potential grossed-up dividend yield of 9.2%.
The year started with a bang for the Woodside share price which hit a yearly high of $27.40 on January 20, up 20%. A major reason for this was the surging oil prices in January. Also helping to boost the share price was news Woodside would expand its long-term LNG supply agreement with Uniper Global Commodities.
Why is the Woodside share price falling today? The Woodside share price is falling today despite the announcement of record revenues in FY 2021. According to the release, for the fourth quarter of FY 2021, Woodside delivered an 86% quarter on quarter increase in sales revenue to US$2,852 million.
What does Woodside Petroleum do?
Woodside Petroleum Ltd is an Australian petroleum exploration and production company. Woodside is the operator of oil and gas production in Australia and also Australia’s largest independent dedicated oil and gas company.
Is Woodside Petroleum Australian?
Woodside is an Australian oil and gas company with a global presence, recognised for our world-class capabilities. A global presence, recognised for our world-class capabilities. Discover Woodside’s global interests.
Is Woodside undervalued?
Woodside remains materially undervalued as it embarks on a $16.5 billion gas mega-project and confirms its merger with BHP’s petroleum business. … Taylor kept his $40 fair value steady as the investment decision and merger with BHP were already part of his valuation.
One leading broker that believes the Santos share price is in the buy zone following its merger with Oil Search is Morgans. … Based on the current Santos share price of $6.29, this implies potential upside of almost 38% for investors over the next 12 months.
Will Woodside pay a dividend in 2021?
Dividends & Splits
|Ex-Dividend Date||Declaration Date||Amount|
|Aug 30, 2021||Aug 18, 2021||0.4103|
|Feb 25, 2021||Feb 18, 2021||0.1530|
|Aug 24, 2020||Aug 13, 2020||0.3625|
|Avg vol (3-month) 3||3.39M|
|Shares outstanding 5||969.63M|
|Implied shares outstanding 6||N/A|
|% held by insiders 1||1.26%|
In exchange for control of BHP’s petroleum business, Woodside will issue new shares equal to 48% of its post-merger capital. In simple terms, existing Woodside shareholders will own 52% of the petroleum giant. Meanwhile, BHP shareholders will own the remaining 48% of shares via an in-specie fully franked dividend.
The new Woodside shares will be distributed to BHP shareholders as an in-specie fully franked dividend. Completion is targeted for the second quarter of the 2022 calendar year.
Is BHP a buy now?
These top brokers say the BHP (ASX:BHP) share price is a bargain buy. Out of the 14 analysts covering BHP, 9 have a buy rating on the share.