In iTunes on your computer, choose File > Home Sharing > Turn On Home Sharing. Log in, then click Create Home Share. On iPhone, go to Settings > Music, then log in to Home Sharing using the same Apple ID and password. In Music, tap More, then tap Shared and choose your computer’s library.
How do I use Home Sharing on my iPhone?
Set up Home Sharing
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Sharing.
- Click Media Sharing.
- Select Home Sharing and sign in with your Apple ID. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.
- Click Turn On Home Sharing.
How do I turn Home Sharing on?
- Open the Google Home app .
- Switch to the home you want to share.
- At the top, tap Add Invite home member. …
- Enter the name or email address of the person you want to invite to your home. …
- Review what’s shared when you add someone to your home. …
- Review the person’s access to your home.
Why is my Home Sharing not working on Apple TV?
Unplug the Apple TV from power for 2-3 minutes and repower then restart the Mac you have Home Sharing on, then turn off Home Sharing and turn it back on and sign in. Obviously ensure both devices are on the same network.
Is Home Sharing the same as family sharing?
Home Sharing allows you to share your iTunes Library from a computer(Mac or Pc) with other devices on the same wifi/wired network for media playback. Music, Videos etc… It does not share Apps. Family Sharing allows iTunes purchases to be shared with other members of the family group.
Can you use Home Sharing away from home?
Hi Kapil, iTunes Home sharing is limited to working on a single network (or subnet, specifically). This is to prevent piracy and file transfers over the internet. The Bonjour messaging which is behind Home Sharing does not carry across a VPN, which is why you can’t get this to work.
Where is account and user iPhone?
Viewing your account page
To access the account settings from the iOS apps, tap on the user icon from the main boards page. You can find this in the bottom right corner on the iPhone or the top left corner on the iPad.
What is Home Sharing on Mac?
Home Sharing is a simple way to connect content between Mac computers and Apple TV, You can access music, movies, audiobooks, and more from the iTunes library on your desktop or laptop without having to be connected to iCloud.
How do I turn on Home Sharing on the remote app?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Remote app. Do one of the following: If it’s your first time using iTunes Remote: Tap Use Home Sharing. If it’s not your first time using iTunes Remote: Tap Settings, then tap to turn on Home Sharing.
How does Apple Play work on TV?
Stream video from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a TV
- Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV. …
- Find the video that you want to stream.
- Tap AirPlay . …
- Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
How do you reset Home Sharing on Apple TV?
Open Settings on your devices > find and choose Music or TV > select iTunes videos > turn on the Home Sharing setting > enter Apple ID and password as well to turn on home sharing setting.
Why can’t I turn on Home Sharing on my iPhone?
Make sure Home Sharing is enabled on your devices
iPhone or iPad: Go to Settings → Music or Settings → Videos and turn on the Home Sharing toggle switch. Apple TV (4th Gen): Go to Settings → Accounts → Home Sharing and turn on Home Sharing.
Why can I not see Home Sharing on my iPhone?
The first thing you must make sure that Home Sharing is enabled on all of your devices. … On PC or Mac – open “iTunes”>” File>” Home Sharing”>” Turn on Home Sharing in the Menu bar”. On iPhone/iPad – go to “Settings”>” Music or Settings”>” Videos and Turn on the Home Sharing”.
What is Home Sharing on my iPad?
With Home Sharing, you can stream content from any Mac or PC to your iPad directly. You simply set up Home Sharing on your iPad, turn on the feature in iTunes on your computer, and you’re good to go.
Is family sharing free?
How much does Apple Family Sharing cost? It’s free, but to share some paid-for services you’ll need to have the appropriate subscription plan – so for example to share Apple Music you’ll need a family subscription.
What types of content can I share with my family?
- Music, movies, and TV shows from the iTunes Store or Apple TV app.
- Books from the Book Store in Apple Books.
- Apps that you can purchase or download from the App Store.
- Subscriptions and in-app purchases from participating apps.
- Subscriptions from Apple, including: